Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Can pigs get illergic reactions

guinea_luver44

Cavy Slave
Can the cavies get illergic reactions such as sneezing because of the bedding? I had this problem before, but then we switched bedding and Sammy was fine is this unusual?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Some pigs will sneeze more with certain types of bedding than others. If the bedding materials have a lot of dust in them they can cause the pigs to sneeze more. Try to find the least dustiest material you can for bedding. I noticed you told someone to bed a pig on sand in another thread. Sand is NOT safe for guinea pigs to bed on so please don't use that.

John4216

Cavy Slave
My one piggies used to sneeze alot when I used any type of wood shavings, but now with fleece or hay she doesnt sneeze at all.

I agree about the sand, not a good idea at all. Sand sticks to everything and that means food, water etc and that would not be to good for them to ingest over time.

guinea_luver44

Cavy Slave
lol dont worry I dont even know where to get it :p I dont know where I saw that.. I'm goin to find that webpage and email them...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.