Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cavy Mommy

cavymomsc

Cavy Slave
I went to our local shelter and bought home a female guinea pig. Her name was Oreo and we decided to keep it because she is black and white and just SO sweet!
I only have one of those commercial cages right now but I am going to look into building her one.
I will post pic's when I can get some done!
:)
She is joining a family of 5 parrots - a DYH, Grey, 2 Eclectus and a U2, a mutt we got from the same shelter (great dog, Belgian Shep mix) and two kids so our house is never boring and seldom quiet!
Thanks for looking :)

AnmlLvr14

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I can imagine your house is seldom quiet with 5 parrots! I have a TAG and a cockatiel and that is plenty of noise. lol Good luck! You will learn a lot from this site.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC!

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! Sounds like you've got a full house...but have you considered adopting Oreo a friend? Piggies usually are better off in pairs. :)

3AMAutumnal

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the world of piggie happiness! They are so wonderful and I'm sure you will have a fantastic experience with your Oreo. She would love to have a friend though. Though they love their people, piggies love piggie company. What's another critter when you already have such a full house, hunh? That's what I always think when taking in another needy little one. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.