Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello to all

snistopher

Cavy Slave
wow....what a great place this is :) Here's my brief story: my older son wanted to get a pet, and we decided on a guinea pig. So him, my wife, and my younger son went to the local pet store, and came home with....doodles :D My wife had bought a cage from a lady around the block, but i realize now that it's waaay too small. Thankfully, they bought doodles when he was only 3 months old, but now that he's 5 months, he's so much bigger. So after looking around for cages, i came across this wonderful site, and i just ordered the small cage (2 x 4), which i'm thinking should be large enough for him. I can't wait to get it.

also worth mentioning: i think i'm the one that became the most attached to doodles. My kids do play with him, but i'm the one that takes care of him (which doesn't bother me in the least.....i also take him out and play with him too :eek:ptimist: ). I love picking him up and hearing him 'purr' (i didn't know they do this) and i can tell he's happy with me because he's always 'popcorning' for me. He's really a cute pet.

it'll be nice coming here to learn about how to care for him....i just read that you should avoid mixed foods with seeds (oops.....we have the kaytee fiesta, i'll have to buy a differant brand tomorrow).

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC!
Your right about Kaytee Fiesta-Oxbow, Sweet Meadow, Kleenmama and Mazuri are quality foods to buy.
Have you considered getting Doodles a friend? They do much better in pairs. Just make sure to adopt a boy or spayed female-you don't want babies!

snistopher

Cavy Slave
Yea, i thought about getting him a friend....i might still....but right now i just want to get him situated and see where it goes. If i do get him a friend, i'll probably need to get them another cage.....maybe the same one and make it a 2-story. But we'll see.....

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Hi & welcome to GPC!

Ditto to dra&pigs, pigges love company just like you & I. Do consider getting your piggie a pal... your piggie will love you for it.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!

I'm glad your already taking steps to get your pig the best life possible. As already mentioned, he would do much better with a friend. Of course adopted from a local rescue!

Oxbow, KleenMama's, Sweet Meadow and Mazuri (a certain type) are all quality pellets. Kleenmama's hay and pellets are definantly the best but you have to order them online.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.