PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a sow in Alabama

GPDaisy
01-09-05, 08:50 am
As the title indicates, I'm searching to adopt a little girl before I make the dreaded trip to a pet shop to buy. I've thus far been unable to locate any cavies within reasonable distance to rescue and desperately want a friend for Daisy.

Before posting links to cavyrescue or petfinder, know I've already been there and come up with nothing.

If you know of any rescues or other sites to check out, or if you know of someone with a baby girl who is adoptable, please let me know!

Thanks!

Edited to add: Yes, I've already checked with local animal shelters, nothing there either. :(

dagwellismypigy
01-09-05, 09:01 am
www.craigslist.org (http://www.craigslist.org/)
www.gpan.net (http://www.gpan.net/)

GPDaisy
01-09-05, 09:05 am
Thanks Dagwell, but nothing there either. :( This is crazy...I have a hard time believing nobody within a 100 mile radius has guinea pigs in need of homes.

rabbitsncavyluv
01-09-05, 06:50 pm
Have you tried the classifieds in your newspaper or posting an ad or checking with vet offices?

I see 4 piggies on petfinder. Are they too far? 3 in Tuscaloosa, AL. You can post a pets wanted ad on petfinder classifieds too and other places. You should post on GL too. There are posters in the area and maybe someone can transport a piggie to you.

hankster
01-09-05, 08:46 pm
GPDasiy:

Depending on where you live in Ala, I can help you. I regularly taking in GPs from "drop" offs at the pet stores. Yesterday I got two well love sows, Mother and Daughter, if you are intrested. they would have to be taken together. If that doesn't work, I still may can help.

GPDaisy
01-09-05, 09:38 pm
Hankster, that would be GREAT! I'm in Anniston, about an hour from Birmingham....let me know!

gght2
01-15-05, 02:01 pm
As the title indicates, I'm searching to adopt a little girl before I make the dreaded trip to a pet shop to buy. I've thus far been unable to locate any cavies within reasonable distance to rescue and desperately want a friend for Daisy.

Before posting links to cavyrescue or petfinder, know I've already been there and come up with nothing.

If you know of any rescues or other sites to check out, or if you know of someone with a baby girl who is adoptable, please let me know!

Thanks!

Edited to add: Yes, I've already checked with local animal shelters, nothing there either. :(
Hi! I live in Northwest Alabama, and I have two female guinea pigs that I am giving away. They were born in my home and have been taken excellent care of. If you are interested, please let me know. I can email pictures, give more details, etc.

Thanks!

gght2
01-15-05, 02:23 pm
GPDasiy:

Depending on where you live in Ala, I can help you. I regularly taking in GPs from "drop" offs at the pet stores. Yesterday I got two well love sows, Mother and Daughter, if you are intrested. they would have to be taken together. If that doesn't work, I still may can help.
Hi Hankster! I live in Alabama and have two female guinea pigs (sisters) I am looking for GOOD homes for. They have been raised in my home and are very well taken care of. They have also been raised with a small child so they are very gentle. Keep me in mind if you have a home in mind for them. Thanks!!!!