Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi All!

AnmlLvr14

Cavy Slave
I've been on here for quite a few months now, but have never introduced myself. So I am not exactly new here, but I have only posted a couple of times. I LOVE this site! I have and will continue to learn a lot! I look through posts quite often, but I don't have a lot of time to respond. I'm really hoping that will change, as I am hoping to get more involved.

Anyway...on to my pigs...I have had guinea pigs for a little over a year now. I started with one abby female, Marley. Then I adopted a neutered male, Quinn (he looks to be mostly peruvian). Just recently, I rescued another female, Paola. She is a ridgeback. After quarantine and a check up from the vet, I introduced her to the other two. Like all introductions, I was nervous, but it went really well! I think she is a much happier pig after being taken out of a situation where she was being bred, in a tiny cage, not eating a proper diet. Now she will never be bred again, in a big cage, and getting a big salad, quality pellets and lots of fresh hay everyday. Hopefully sometime after the holidays, I will look to adopt another girl. I have the room, so why not spoil another pig? :)

Have a wonderful holiday season everyone!

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
welcome, and great job on rescuing

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! It sounds like Quinn's not too neglected (3 girls) lol .

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! Great job on rescuing. :)

AnmlLvr14

Cavy Slave
Nope, he's not. He loves his girls. He walks around rumbling all day so everyone knows they are his and he is the boss. lol

cielo

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Hi & welcome to GPC... also wishing you & your piggies a wonderful holidays as well!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.