PDA

View Full Version : Comforters..

guineapigluver1
11-17-08, 04:57 pm
I am going to be getting fleece for the cage sometime soon since our Ben Franklin store is going out of business and they are having a sale. Besides mattress pads, puppy pads, and towels what else can you use for under bedding? Could you use comforters?

Slave to the Wheek
11-17-08, 11:44 pm
My most favorite bedding is a "comforter' that I made by sewing fleece and polyester batting together. Regular comforters might be a little bit to loose for some sturdy footing, but if you worked with it to sew a fleece duvet cover for it, I think it would be an amazing solution. Especially if you sewed some skinny pieces of fleece together to make little ties and then sewed them on the comforter and used them to tied the comforter to the bottom of the cage.

gooberific
11-18-08, 12:39 am
I use old comforters cut to size. They were Goodwill finds, and they are a little puffy in a corner or two, but that's where the boys like to snuggle up to the puffy part and sleep, so it works for us. :)

guineapigluver1
11-18-08, 09:59 am
My most favorite bedding is a "comforter' that I made by sewing fleece and polyester batting together. Regular comforters might be a little bit to loose for some sturdy footing, but if you worked with it to sew a fleece duvet cover for it, I think it would be an amazing solution. Especially if you sewed some skinny pieces of fleece together to make little ties and then sewed them on the comforter and used them to tied the comforter to the bottom of the cage.

I like that idea. I just started using a sewing machine so I would probably have my sister do it, but I think thats what I'll do!