Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My C&C cage is on the way!

gnosis

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I'm a newbie on this forum and I just wanted to say how wonderfully helpful this forum has been with teaching me how to best care for my 2 new young piggies. Gone are my childhood days when I had my first guinea pigs and fed them iceberg lettuce in their tiny cage bedded with cedar shavings! :yuck:
We just ordered a C&C cage and returning the cage we got from the pet store.
We're going to start feeding them Oxbow Cavy Cuisine instead of our first bag of Kaytee Fiesta which I've learned is not only mediocre but potentially dangerous with seeds, corn, and carcinogenic preservatives.
The only thing we can't change is the fact that we got our 2 piggies from the pet store. Had I just spent a little more time on the internet, I would have discovered all the poor little pigs in my area that are up for adoption and gotten some of them instead of supporting the evil empire of PetSmart where we got our piggies and inferior food and supplies. That'll be the first and last time we go there!

Anyway, can't wait to get the cage!

Last edited:

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Wow! Good for you & congrats!

I am with you to say how wonderful this site has been in helping me with all the info, questions, researches & dispelling myths that I may have for the better for me being a good pig parent to my piggies. My piggies are really my children; now I know why we are called pig parents.

I am a newbie like yourself and have actually visited this site gathering info for a month plus before adopting 2 & I did buy one (even after being on to this site so I am an informed culprit that have voluntarily help the Mill breeding cycle with that 1 purchase) after being tempted to try & "save" a piggie (she looked skinny) when purchasing supplies for the other 2. Now, I will not go into any petstores for supplies anymore so I am not tempted to support that mistake again (I go to petvalue instead)!

Shame on me... & can't change that fact either. So you have at least committed the act from innocence of no-knowledge, while I am a guilty informed bad decision maker. But I learn (watching Oprah & youtube and reading on other sites) from my mistake and will never do that again... as I have boycotted petstores selling pets so as not to be tempted again (I am like a child I know and do need a good scolding at times).

Would love to see your C&C cage and how it is decorated for your piggies. Do share some pictures sometimes!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Welcome, I'm gald you love this site as much as we do!

Once you get your c&c you are going to LOVE it. I can guarantee that your pigs will be much much happier and be much more active.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.