PDA

View Full Version : New Around Here

Piggy1928
11-15-08, 03:07 am
Hello All,

I'm Kyle from St. Catharines, Ontario. I've had 2 guinea pigs before the one I have now. I recently decided to build a C&C cage and will upload my pics soon. My current guy's name is Benson, and my new cage is 3x3x2.

I am worried about putting Benson into such a large cage that he might be overwhelmed. I am hoping to get at least 2 more guys to keep him company. Benson is a little over 2 so I'm not sure how well he'll mix with young pigs.

Any input would be great.....thanks guys.

Kyle Greer

piggyluv
11-15-08, 08:40 am
Welcome! I hope you'll like it here. There's tons of guinea pig information!
As for Benson with a cage buddy, if you get him a young male then they will most likely get along better than one his own age because there will be less dominance fighting (the older one is usually dominant.) Here's a page about adding second guinea pigs and introducing them: Guinea Pigs Social Life (http://cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm)

dra&pigs
11-15-08, 10:59 am
Welcome to GPC. I'm sure within a month you'll know more than you ever wanted to if you stay around. I did. :) While at first Benson might be a little overwhelmed, its definitely for his good. Lots of hideys will help him with the new cage, as well. As for a friend, remember to quarentine. The link piggyluv posted has info on it, I think. If not, just tell me and I'll go track it down. :D

Piggy1928
11-16-08, 08:57 pm
Great news!!!! They get along great with Benson, I named the new guys Thor and Jackson, after my favorite show Stargate SG-1. I've got them pretty well ready to go but need to put the finishing touches on the cage this week. I will post pictures soon.

dra&pigs
11-17-08, 02:51 pm
Congrats! I can't wait for the pigtures. :)