Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Daisy's New Home and Sweet Pet Shop Revenge

GPDaisy

Cavy Slave
So after 3 weeks I finally got everything I needed to put Daisy's new 4x2 C&C cage together! Aside from wrestling with the connectors (she heard some choice language while I fought those blasted things) and realizing I needed a bigger table (overlap just made me nervous), it was a snap to make! Daisy is having a great time running and playing in her new home and eagerly awaits her new friend, Lily, who will join us next week.

Now the revenge part...

Let me start by saying I wasn't as informed as I should've been when I went to the pet store to buy Daisy. I didn't know about adoption and I certainly didn't know about what pathetic excuses commercial cages are. I bought the "starter kit" and felt really ripped off. Anyway, last week I went back to the pet shop to buy bedding and mentioned to the salesperson how frustrated I was with the cage size. As one of her MANY half-truths, she had told me that the cage was perfect for one guinea pig and I'd never need a bigger one. One thing led to another, and after a heated discussion she offered to take the cage back for store credit. Today I returned the cage and was picking up some supplies with my new store credit, vowing that since it was the last time I'd do business there I may as well get my money's worth, and I overheard a couple discussing cages for the two new guinea pigs they had. I introduced myself, gave them this web address, and told them how this shop did business. Shocked, they left the store without buying the armfulls of supplies they had.

Now, this may not sound like much, but it sure felt like sweet revenge to me. ;)

endzie

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are going to love the new cage! Thats great how you spread the word on this wonderful website. I too did not know about adoption and how inefficient Pet store cages are.

But we learn from our mistakes.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
same here. We had 3 piggies in the biggest store cage until 3weeks later our Muffy got fat and we found a lady right up the street who was giving her babies to a good home. We called her and invited her into our home and she told us that the cage is waaaaaaaay too small for 1 piggie but 3 its a no no. Also she said that Muffy is pregnant not fat and she gave us this site and told us that we could have one of her different breed piggie to keep after we built them a new cage. We started with 2x8 with a divider for boys and girls and now we have a 5x6 and a 3x5 cages for girls and boys. The next time we go to a pet store I am gonna tell everyone about the C&C site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.