Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Brazil!

Suzan

Cavy Slave
Hello everybody!

I'm from Brazil, and I have 2 cute guinea pigs since June 2008!
It was a kind gift from my mom and my husband!

my piggies are Cookie and Punky! I first came to this forum to learn a little more about C&C cages, but yesterday I noticed Punky had a weird volume in her belly, so I took her to the vet and what a surprise! She is pregnant! Cookie is actually a boar and I NEVER noticed before! they were missexed and I got them as 2 sows... hahahaha

but I'm very happy with my little "mommy" and I'm ansious to see my future piggies!

now I'm going to look for the posts about the labor, because I'm a little scared of this comming moment!

Well, that's it! Thanks in advance for all the advice in the forum! You guys are GREAT! ❤️

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Hi, and welcome to GPC! I hope you've seperated Cooky and Punky, now that you know their correct sexes. Good luck on getting C&C's for the piggies (they are the best things I've done for mine).

Suzan

Cavy Slave
Thanks!!! :D

And yes, I have already separeted them ^_^
Luckly, I had another cage at home, that I was going to donate to someone... hehe
but I think now I'll need it for a while hehe
at least till I make my own C&C ^^

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Good luck with your mother to be!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to GPC!

I have a feeling your pigggies come from a petstore! They are often missexed. Make sure you read up on the labor threads and ask plenty of questions. Boys should be seperated from mom at 21 days of age and they can go in with Dad.

Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard but we require ppigtures from new members! :D

Suzan

Cavy Slave
yes! they came from a petstore!
when they came to know about the missexed pigs, they told me I could give the puppies to them if I don't want to care... of course I refused!

and I'm sorry! I didn't know about the pictures! I'll take some when my camera comes back, it was broken... ^^

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
yes! they came from a petstore!
when they came to know about the missexed pigs, they told me I could give the puppies to them if I don't want to care... of course I refused!

and I'm sorry! I didn't know about the pictures! I'll take some when my camera comes back, it was broken... ^^

Please, don't give them to the petstore! Petstores are very bad! But I'm glad you refused. Here on GPC we have a saying. Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die!

Hehe, sorry but I had to giggle. That thing I said about the pigtures wasn't a rule! It was just something alot of people on here love to see! I'm sorry. Also, guinea pig babies are Pups. Puppies are dogs. :)

Suzan

Cavy Slave
haa! hahahahahah okay, if my piggie gives birth to a puppie, I guess I should get concerned! ahahahahahaha

I'm still getting used with the forum's interface, but soon I'll post my pig's photos! And I do agree it's lovely to see other people pigs hehee

breezy2

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I am fairly new here too. I can't wait to see pictures.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to add-the pup/puppy confusion got me laughing. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.