Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

*Waves* Hi from Austin and his piggie!

Tockets

Cavy Slave
My name is Austin, I'm about to be 19, and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm into technology, namely computer hardware.

I've been creepin on this forum for about four years now. Right after I took in my neighbors guinea pig when she passed away. I used a 2x5 grid cage for one male. He was rather friendly until he passed away about one year after her. From what I can gather he was about five. (I still feel guilty as they can live up to ten so I feel his life was short.)

Recently, (Read two days ago) I was at a shelter offering my time when I noticed this one 5 week old cavy boy. He was this amazing shade of brown and the brightest eyes and barely moved a muscle when I attempted to pick him up. Half a baby carrot later he was squeeking and I just knew I had to have him. So, here we are! Back in cavy land with a fresh new 2x4 cavy cage.

Since I've had him the past two days, he's been eating ALOT. They were giving him no hay and a set ammount of pellets per day. I instantly gave him access to unlimited hay and a cup of fresh veggies. I swear I've never seen a happier pig. After every few bites of hay, he'll popcorn. It's so adorable.

Well, didn't mean for this to be overly long, but I just want to say thank you for this amazing forum. I never registered not even 4 years ago when I first found it, but I want you to know that everything on this forum is key to a happy cavy, which is key to a happy cavy owner. (By the way, the next time I see a guinea pig in a ****ing gerbil cage imma stab somebody in the neck with a bic pen.)

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
Welcome! that last part scared me :yikes:

Tockets

Cavy Slave
Sorry! Just still a little ticked off. So so so often I see guinea pigs in tiny tiny cages. When I got my first pig from my neighbor that passed away it was in a cage so small the pigloo took up 60% of the cage. So sad.

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Just a welcome & a hello. Glad you discover your GP pal & rekindled the GP love! Enjoy your piggy... BTW I am more of a newbie than yourself.

This is week 6 that I have my GPs... kept thinking it was week 5. Sooo confusing.

Tockets

Cavy Slave
Thats great! We can learn together. :D Always something to learn when your talking about guinea pigs! :silly:

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Glad you could take the little guy, he sounds adorable (I love pigtures, just so you know...). Have you looked into getting him a friend?
I loved the last part in your post. :eye-poppi

Tockets

Cavy Slave
Actually, good news about that..sorta. The Humane Society near me adopted their last pig yesterday. I'm looking into getting him a spayed girl who is very cavy-adorable from the shelter one county over. I originally planned on a second male but, I imagine he will be going through the whole dominant teenager thing soon and since this shelter already has a girl thats been spayed we'll just hafta see. Wish him luck.

Also, thanks to everyone for being so kind.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.