Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

for adoption - Long Island NY

• Thread starter long island pig
  • Start date

long island pig

Cavy Slave
My local pet store has taken in an adult female piggy who was no longer wanted by her family so they've taken her to find her a new home. She's free with cage (although it's much too small) and appears to be healthy and clean. She's very active so I suspect she's young.

I have boys so I can't take her. But I played with her and she's so sweet that I had to try to find her a home.

I think she's an agouti - but I'm not 100% sure - because I'm new to cavy-slavedom.

If anyone has a home for her.....let me know and I'll coordinate.

long island pig

Cavy Slave
Little piggy found a home. But my local pet store does take in piggies and fosters them while they find new homes. So, if anyone on Long Island (New York) is looking in the future - let me know !!

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
long island pig said:
Little piggy found a home. But my local pet store does take in piggies and fosters them while they find new homes. So, if anyone on Long Island (New York) is looking in the future - let me know !!
I would love to adopt a young male. I live in White Plains, NY and there are no rescues in my area. If anything becomes available, pls. let me know.
Thanks

and thanks from Cujo

long island pig

Cavy Slave
Hi Mom to Cujo
If you are interested in driving down to Long Island, there is a shelter in *** (probably 30-45 minutes from Throgs Neck/Whitestone bridges) called ***. According to their website, they have 2 male piggies in foster care that are looking for homes. You can call them at ***.

I haven't called them, but I found them on petfinder.com. If you do call them, please let me know what happens....

I looked at your profile and saw pictures of Cujo - he's cute !! I have to try to post pics of my piggies. I just got my 2nd piggie and introduced him to my 1st and they are getting along great. Good luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the quick response. I will call soon and I will let you know what happens. I thank you and Cujo does too!

long island pig

Cavy Slave
Hi again Mom to Cujo

I just happened to be looking at petfinder and saw that there are piggies at the Middletown Humane Society....

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
Hi mom to cujo,
If you don't find what you are looking for, let me know . . . I have a piggie rescue north of you but I do transport to qualified homes. You can see available piggies on my petfinder site (in my profile).

Tymel

Cavy Slave
what part of long island are you in? IM in Nassau COunty.

long island pig

Cavy Slave
I'm in Suffolk County - actually exit 62 off the LIE - so I'm pretty far out here !!

Tymel

Cavy Slave
oh because i border queens.. so im like really really really far from you. T.T and i thaught i was finally going to find a good guinea pig person who could give me a guinea pig.

long island pig

Cavy Slave
T.T. is your guinea pig ? Boy or girl ?

I have 2 piggies now - both boys. Sebastian is 4 and Benjamin is 1. At least I think that's how old they are - I rescued both of them so we aren't sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.