Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not So Disappointed...

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
So, I was shopping at (broken link removed) the other day, when I came to something that caught my attention. Wheels, and excersize balls that said guinea pigs could and would use them. I kinda seemed a little saddened over this, so I decided to e-mail them. Here is my e-mail:

I'm sorry to say that I am a little disappointed in some of your products. I own guinea pigs myself, and am not very happy with the wheels/excersize balls.....

Then I went on, quoting CavyCages how excersize wheels and balls were bad for guinea pigs. I sent it. A day later, they contacted me, fully aware of the situation. Apparently, a cavy lover like myself and many here has already brought this to their attention, and have sent both messages to the management staff. The manufactorers put the guinea pig things on there, and they are willing "to take the necessary steps to remove any guinea pig references from these products on the website". I am absolutely pleased with this reply, so I answered back and said a few thank you's.
Has anyone else noticed these things on critterstore? I think it's a great, cheaper place to shop- I love it!

Last edited:

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Oh yay! Thanks much! That's so fantastic! Our local feed store has a wonderful reportoire with pigs and all rodent products not suitable for guinea pigs they use computer-made labels that say, " This product is not suitable for:_____" and then they write the critter in.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Well that's cool, I like that! Our feed store is great, I love it, except they have feed with seeds and crap in there... that's about the only bad thing about them, they have great bedding and products... The woman who owns it seems very knowledgable, her husband isn't so used to the rodents yet... hehe. I'm just so glad that they actually replied to my e-mail, and so fast! I'm happy that they sent it to the management team. she also said that they are animal lovers too, and would do anything to make their products better! I think that's awesome. >.<

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I love their store because they often have animals running wild. They've got adopted squirrels resting in their ceiling beams, dogs and cats lazing around, and birds all over the place. It's also neat because they foster abandoned large animals, and they have little machines outside that despense their treats for 25 cents. they've got Alpacas and goats and mules, it's so neat.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Oh, wow!! How big is this place? Hehe, they only have cats lounging around... A particular white and gray one is so friendly and SO FAT! I love 'im though, he's so friendly! They used to have a rabbit. He would go up and down the plaza type thing outside and come back inside the shop... his little stroll! Unfortunately, he was getting so weak, the owner put him to rest.. She couldn't bear seeing him like that. He was in pain, and she thought it was best.. Where are the bigger animals in your feed store shop?

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
The bigger animals are in a large pen outside of the store. They're lucky they got to keep them, because we're in the suburbs. The store isn't huge, but it's roomy, the dogs will sit by the cash register and wander around the treat bins and occassionally someone will buy them a treat. The cats like to 'model' the cat trees they sell. It's really cozy, and they have the sweetest corgi/lhasa apso mix!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Aww, that sounds awesome! I wish I lived where you are... Hehe. Do they have any rodents?
Anyways, I can't be on the internet anymore for right now, so byes!(Until tomorrow, lol)

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Bye! Yeah, they actally breed guinea pigs, which makes me really sad, but I know that they don't back-breed, and that the pigs are in sanitray conditions. They even give them all personal time and floor time. I wish they wouldn't, but I know they're good people ate heart. They have an on-staff vet for all of their animals(well, he's not really on-staff, he's the grandfather). They keep their pigs in large cages, probably about three in the size of a 2x5 grid cage that they stack on a large book-case type thing. They always look so happy and healthy. They also take in animals that are dropped off on their door step carelessly. I wish they didin't breed, but they really are nice. :/

joab97

Cavy Slave
I just was at a petstore today and saw those balls. My daughter said something about them,,and I said loud enough for the owner to hear..he was there..how bad they are for guinea pigs and they can really hurt their backs. He gave a nice glare..but I dont care,,I wont be going back.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
You should try a feed store!

joab97

Cavy Slave
I just ordered some food and hay online from that oxbow hay site.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Ah, that'd work. You could also order from www.thecritterstore.com or the www.theferretstore.com for like bedding, water bottles, ect.. accessories. The critter store charges to shipping and handling for orders over $35..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.