Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

making my first C&C cage for my first guinea pig (need help, advice)

kteabunni

Cavy Slave
Hello. I am going to adopt my first guinea pig this Saturday. Tomorrow(Friday), I want to go shopping for the necessary supplies to make a C&C cage. I want to make it the preferred 10.5 square feet. I have located a Sign-A-Rama where I can buy Coroplast and I know where to buy the cube grids. My question is, how much Coroplast will I need to make the 10.5 sq ft cage? I've never bought Coroplast before (never even heard of it before I came here!), so I don't know how much a "full sheet" is. Can you share your experiences purchasing coroplast for your piggie's cage? Thanks!

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
scroll down on this link and it will tell you the dimensions you need as well as supplies
https://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm
You probably need to find out how big a full sheet is, so give sign-a-rama a call.
My coroplast only covers half a cage so I end up taping two together and then making the cuts.
With some grids I end up using zip ties in addition to the not so snug connector. So I also have a wire cutter for easy removal of zip ties.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I don't know about in Florida, but the Sign-a-rama in CT tried charging me price of a full sheet for only a part of it.

I would say your best bet is to thumb through the phonebook and look for independently owned stores and call them up, give them the dimensions you need and get a price estimate before you go get it.

When I was looking for it one sign-a-rama wanted $36 for a part of the sheet (price of whole sheet) and another in a different town wanted almost $90!!!!!
I aslo called Kinko's and they wanted $130 for a 28inx42in piece!:mad:

As for the grids, just make sure they are NOT from Target, the holes are too big and can kill a piggie. I got mine from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $15 to make a 2x3 cage with a bottom (since her table is about 2 inches too small I need to have a bottom so the grids stay around the coro.

Good luck on your search!

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
A full sheet is 4ftx8ft. A place by me charged me around 13 for it. I have a 3gridx3grid with a 1gridx2grid loft and I only needed one full sheet for it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.