Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie and want to Thank you

kesvm

Cavy Slave
Hi! I just recently got my first ever guinea pig (officially for my son, but I'm as excited as he is) I was really nervous as I've never had anything but dogs as pets and wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before we got it. So I read as much information from these forums as I could before we got one, and have continued, and will continue to read and learn more.
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information on here. It made me feel much more comfortable when we brought him home.
We have a 2X3 C&C cage, and I have the list of veggies that we can feed him and I'm trying to make sure we do everything we can to make him happy. I am always very excited when I hear him "purring" and I think we have even witnessed "popcorning" already, and that is thanks to all the great information on here.
I'm sure you will be asking only one (maybe the most important thing to making them happy)? I definitely want to adopt him a friend (or two) and we will, as soon as we get more comfortable with him and make a little more space for a larger cage.
Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to help those of us that are new to guinea pigs to be better at looking after our newest family members.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Just make sure that you ADOPT friends of the SAME sex when you get a buddy. I'm sure you know this since you have been lurking for a while, but better safe than sorry!

kesvm

Cavy Slave
Absolutely the same sex! These guys are cute, but we don't want any babies! :) My biggest problem is looking on petfinder, I wish I could adopt all the boys (because that is what we have) that need a home!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean. If I wasn't a college student I would be saving all the poor little things and start my own rescue!

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Same here. Until I'm old enough to open a rescue of my own, I foster piggies all the time. It's nice to know that I helped save them, even if it wasn't permanent.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I've always wanted to have a huge house with an enormous yard where I can save dogs and since I love piggies so much I may as well help them out too. Basically, so long as it's cute and fuzzy I love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.