Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grid Cubes

CritterCraze

Cavy Slave
What are the best or most common brands available? And with the new ones being dangerous are there alternative types of cubes. Due to metal prices going up I'm worried that once I'm ready to get a pair of cavies that these product's will be harder to find. Just would like a good idea for shopping by brand or alternatives thank you in advance :)

Janelle

Cavy Slave
I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are these:

(broken link removed)

I had a 20% off coupon, so it was $12 for 16 grids. Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
Did someone see "normal" grids anymore? When I bought my 2nd set of them (don't remember where, might have been K-mart), half of them were with bigger holes (so I had to use those to hold down the cage because for the piggies head are very dangerous), and they weren't cheap, $35.
Do you know where I can still find the normal ones in a full box? Looked at Bed, Bath and Beyond, don't have them, nor JC Penny, or Big lots.

tiggerinha

Cavy Slave
I have seen them recently online at Bed Bath& Beyond if your local store doesn't carry them

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
I just bought some off of Wal-Mart's website. They were $18.88 for 4 cubes, which should be atleast 16 grids. They are available online only. I'm not sure about the number of squares they have though, as I am getting them to baby-proof my cage. Here's hoping that they will work even if they are the new larger ones.....

tiggerinha

Cavy Slave

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
You can order them at Bed, Bath & Beyond on-line for $14.99 ea.. My local Bed, Bath & Beyond stores do not carry them.

They are pretty nice grids with 9 holes, not 8 like some.

Unfortunately I am not using it as a C&C cage (mine are kinda free range pigs). I still have some zipped tied so I have a temporary pen when I need it... so far no use for it yet.

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
OK, so my husband checked the prices in the store, and the grids too, just to make sure, and he decided to take the ones from Bed, Bath & Beyond. $15 for as online. Can't wait to extend their cage again! The coroplast has just been delivered too, so I am really excited by my little project. Thank you for all your advices.

chris_w

Cavy Slave
B&Q normally have them in stock.

thats where i got mine from :)

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
I just bought some off of Wal-Mart's website. They were $18.88 for 4 cubes, which should be atleast 16 grids. They are available online only. I'm not sure about the number of squares they have though, as I am getting them to baby-proof my cage. Here's hoping that they will work even if they are the new larger ones.....
I got the grids in today, and they are the ones with the original 9 squares. And you can get them in many colors! Just thought I would let everyone know in case they were needing grids!! Oh, and there were 17 grids to a box!! It was $26.37 after tax and shipping to have them sent to my house, or you can have them shipped to a local Wal-Mart for free!

tiggerinha

Cavy Slave
Yeah:) . Be sure to double check your measurements before you cut. Post a pic when you finish.

Baby's mom

Cavy Slave
Here in Canada, there are two stores that sell the original grids right off their shelves. Wal-Mart, and Zellers both sell the brand name Rubber Maid. I realize that not all WAl-Mart stores, and not all Zellers stores sell them right off the shelves, you'll have to check your local stores.

Wal-Mart sells the original 9x9 grids for $22 (canadian). There are 12 grids, plus connectors in one package. Your color choices are limited to either white, o grey. They are in the same aisle as the dish racks.

Zellers also sells the original grids for $19 (canadian), for the one package. Your color choices are limited to just white. They are on the same aisle as the closet organizers.

I've never bought my grids on line, but it sounds like you get a better color selection. But I do like buying them from the store shelves, because it's pretty handy to just run to the store, and pick them up.

Anyway, I hope your local stores offer you the conveinence of buying from their shelves. If you do have a local Wal-Mart, or Zellers store that keeps their shelves stocked with original grids, would you please post it here, so that others who are near by can puchase from there as well?

My local Zellers, and Wal-Mart are in Alberta, Canada.

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
My local Wal-Mart or any other stores do not sell grids. I have to order mine online. And there is only one sign store in my town, and I can't convince them to sell me a whole sheet of coro. They don't understand what I need it for. Apparently they think I am gonna make a really large sign and they won't get the profit, LOL. So I found it very useful that I can order them from Wal-Mart. Now if i could just find coro!

tiggerinha

Cavy Slave
try contacting any local rescues and ask where they get there coroplast

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the idea, but there aren't any rescues close to me. The closest one I have ever heard of is about 4 1/2 hours away. But,,, me and the babes are doing quite well without coro, so maybe I will be o.k. ;-)

tiggerinha

Cavy Slave
you can always use cardboard or plyboard then cover it with say laminate tiles to make it waterproof. I believe yoiu can get thsose cheap at Big Lots or Lowes type of place...good luck

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
And there is only one sign store in my town, and I can't convince them to sell me a whole sheet of coro. They don't understand what I need it for. Apparently they think I am gonna make a really large sign and they won't get the profit, LOL.
Did you tell them you use it for the cage of the piggies? Dumb ppl, it happens so often for them to do smth. like this!

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
I got the grids in today, and they are the ones with the original 9 squares. And you can get them in many colors! Just thought I would let everyone know in case they were needing grids!! Oh, and there were 17 grids to a box!! It was $26.37 after tax and shipping to have them sent to my house, or you can have them shipped to a local Wal-Mart for free!
The good grids from Bed, Bath & Beyond are cheaper for now. I got them for $15 (14,99), and the box has 16 grids.

misspiggy&piper

Cavy Slave
Did you tell them you use it for the cage of the piggies? Dumb ppl, it happens so often for them to do smth. like this!
Yeah, that was my thinking, but actually, C&C cages aren't very known around here. Most of my friends think I am a guinea pig nut because of the cage I made for them. (I am, but that is besides the point!) So I am thinking of going down to the sign store and showing them this site and saying "See, this is what I want it for!!":D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.