Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is Super Pet Potty Litter safe?

KawaiiSara

Cavy Slave
Is Super Pet Potty Litter safe? I bought it at Petsmart, and it says its for hamsters, gerbils, and other small animals.

it looks like little white balls.

anyone had this before? is it safe?

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
I remember looking at it, and I remember reading about how on the package it says something about the dangers if your pet ingests it. They were covering their butts, however, I have an especially curious girl guinea that tends to taste her bedding all the time and seek it out.
It's rather funny seeing her with carefresh hanging out of her mouth even though her cage is mostly fleece.
I just didn't feel comfortable purchasing it.
A bad feeling maybe? It probably reminded me of Styrofoam football/balls.
I just use the main part of the cage as fleece and towels with the carefresh in the kitchen area.
Oh, and also, this forum doesn't support purchases at pet stores, for many reasons. Read the stickies in the principles and philosophies section.

Last edited:

KawaiiSara

Cavy Slave
Where else can you purchase pet food then? :expressio

Ive read this package to see if there are any dangers, but it says its 100% natural materials... but these days, you never know.

what would you say most guinea pig owners use as the litter? :D which product, I'd preffer something not too expensive.

Thanks so much

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Where else can you purchase pet food then?

what would you say most guinea pig owners use as the litter? :D which product, I'd preffer something not too expensive.

Thanks so much
You can purchase quality foods at pet supply stores (petstores that don't sell animals) or on the internet.

I wouldn't use this as it could be harmful if ingested.

There are several things you can use for litter. Kiln-dried pine or aspen shavings, carefresh, crittercare (generic carefresh like bedding), plain pine pellets like feline pine, etc.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Most people on here use either fleece, aspen, Carefresh or kiln-dried pine. I personally use aspen, and I can get a enough from one package that will fill a 2x3 and a 2x4 with more than half left over for only $14.99.

Basil&Clover

Cavy Slave
Actually,if your talking about this product: Super Pet Critter Litter at PETCO then Ive tried this. It's not meant for the whole cage, just in the corner you want them to 'go' . I read the information on the back package, it says the balls are made of clay, and i took one out, and it was very hard, but when i dipped it in water(to see how absorbent it was) it got squishy and clay-ish. I never actually used this in my pigs cage, because I didn't think it was safe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.