Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Basement play space

soccergrl849

Cavy Slave
My two boys have their floor time area in the basement. It is huge and they really enjoy it but I am worried with the cooler weather coming what I could put down in the space for them to keep they warm. The basement is about 60 degrees, it isn't freezing or anything but I am worried that they might get a little chilled especially when they aren't being active. Any suggestions of warm stuff?
Also is there a way to know if your pig is cold, I have heard that you can touch their ears to get an idea of their body temperature, is this true?

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about the ear thing, but I use the basement as a play space for them as well. I block off a large portion with grids, and then I put those alphabet mats down on the floor. I have a space heater near the area, but not close enough to do more than warm it up (no direct heat is on the pigs). I also take some spare fleece and put it in piles around the cage, so if they do get cold, they can cuddle in it. I'm always down there when they have floor time, and when they are less active I'll go sit in the enclosure and they'll come up and cuddle with me if they get cold.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.