Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Winnipeg, Manitoba Cavy Owners

Bella_Sousa

Cavy Slave
Hey there! I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I recently brought home my first guinea pig, Bella. I was wondering if there were any Winnipeg owners on here that could help me out!

Bella needs her nails clipped! And I'm having one heck of a time trying to do it. I figure I would just try to find a professional who could do it for me. Does anyone know where a good and reasonably priced place that I can go? I've searched the phone book and there are LOTS of places that do dogs clippings, but I'm having a hard time finding any for guinea pigs.

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any place in the city where I can purchase Oxbow or Kleenmamas products.

As well, I'm in need of a vet. So far Bella has been perfectly healthy, but if there comes a time in the future when she needs medical attention, I would like to know of a few experienced vets I can visit.

Well I guess that's it, for now. I would like to thank everyone in advance who replies! :cheerful:

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I'm in the same position, but I live in Michigan. Poor Charlie needs her nails clipped, when I got her they were over grown and I didnt know how to get them short again. I'm still working on it, but she HATES it. And I feel so bad doing it since she gets so upset.
To find a vet, I just google searched for vets near my city, and the phonebook thing came up with a little map with all the vet clinics marked, so I called them all asked if they took guinea pigs and asked how much the office visits were and wrote them all down with the prices phone number and address. I got lucky and called one that didnt take them, but the lady who answered the phone refered me to another clinic that doesn't advertise that she takes them, but one docter there is experienced and the lady told me she takes her piggies there and likes her alot.

Try doing that, a search and call them all. Now I have a list of them and their hours and everything for when I need to go, I have many options :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.