Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada good guinea vets in ontario

Allyh

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know of any good vets for piggies in Ontario? (specifically in the GTA) One of mine has hair loss and I want an experienced opinion. Thanks!

Sylorna

Cavy Slave
Hi There,
Unfortunately, I'm not from the GTA, so I can't give you any vet names specifically, but I can give you some advice as how to look for one. When I found my vet in Waterloo for my girls (away at school), I started out looking under vets in the yellow pages. Next I looked at the ones which were advertising specifically for exotics and called around asking about their experience with guinea pigs. I ended up with a great vet who had special certification with the vet college and specialized in exotics.
Also, I would do some looking around the net at care pages https://guinealynx.info/ is a good site to start out with. That way you can go into the vet with a good idea of what is going on, and what to expect. Also, I would message the symtoms on one of the boards so that some of the more experienced pigger persons can try to help out.
Good luck in your vet search, and hope the little one gets well soon.
Jess

babymeow

Cavy Slave
I used to go to a vet in the Bayview & Yorkmills area (my piggie needed regular teeth clippings) until he passed on. I was very impressed. I find that they are highly skilled in the procedures and very willing to discuss with me different methods of treatment. They specializes in exotic animals. I know they have a website but I don't have the link with me now. Anyway, the address is as follows:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Links Road Animal and Bird Clinic
41 The Links Road
(St. Andrew's Square Plaza)
Toronto, ON. M2P 1T7
Dr. Rick Axelson
Dr. Evan Mavromatis
Phone: (416) 223-1165[/font]

Hope it helps!

Sylorna

Cavy Slave
Actually, that's one of the places that my vet had suggested when elora's teeth went out of line. Unfortunately driving to Toronto just wasn't in the cards, but she did say they were very good and reasonably priced for exotics.

Jess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.