Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dont Believe Everyything You Read

phantac

Cavy Slave
I am still new to this site and I think its great. Just the idea of a site for gunea pig lovers is quite unbelieveable. I agree with most things on this site but I just came across a story somewhere on this site that had to do with not purchasing pets through a pet store that irritated me. I agree with the premise that we should adopt rather than purchase animals. I dont agree with sensationalizing to get the idea across. Maybe many of you came across it also. This is story was taken from a post on a forum and used as a leading story as to why not use pet shops.

Today we went to go get shavings for the piggies, and we went to a pet shop that is a fish shop and sells guinea pigs too. When we got in there, they had over 20 guinea pigs in only 3 cages! On the top cage they had 2 males (I think). In the middle cage they had tons of males, and one didn't have an eye, and on the bottom they had females -- about 8 pregnant females -- 2 females that were about 2 months old, and then in the corner they had 2 precious little 3 DAY old babies. The mother is black, one baby (male) is also black, and the other one is brown and white (female) like the dad. They had no food, no water, and they all came up to the said of the cage squeaking. The baby's dad was the ONE EYED male, and to top it off they are COVERED in LICE. Soooo 10 minutes of bagging to my mom, and $31.00 later I got to take them home (of course, my dad doesn't know about them hehe).

One very smart observant child. Knew which ones were males from looking, saw all the lice, etc., etc. Cant believe every post that is posted. Anyway my point is when you start using fabricatied stories for your own means it just takes away from this sites honesty. I still like this site though.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Wait, where does it say that this was a child?

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
It does say 10 minuets of bagging to my MOM and also my DAD doesn't know. That is what it said so you usually just assum that they live with their mom and dad and are younger.

KellyMichelle

Cavy Slave
That's what I had guessed, anyway...

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Oops, sorry. I didn't take notice of that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.