Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

CT vets

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I'm looking for a vet for my piggie but I don't know of any cavy savvy vets in CT. I live in NE CT near UConn. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Thanks Prayer, but they didn't have any CT listings.

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
Hmm. I'm having a hard time finding anything. I'll let you know if I do, and hopefully someone will come along that already knows a good one.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
From guinealynx the closest thing I found was in Worcester, MA about an hour and 20 minutes away. I go to UConn which has a pre-vet program and one of the professors used to be a small animal vet in Canada, but I don't think he still practices or would know anyone in the area who is reliable.

Thanks for helping me look!

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I'm in CT also and am having a similar problem. I know it's a hike for you, but two that have been recommended in my area are Dr. Heather Rife in East Haven (she added her name on the Seagull site as a piggie vet and a vet tech friend of my boyfriend also recommended her). Here's the Seagull list for CT (broken link removed) There is also Countryside Vet Hospital who specializes in small animals. I have yet to call either of them myself, but I'm planning on it very soon.

Also for someone a bit closer to you, you could try the Critter Connection Guinea Pig Rescue in Durham for a recommendation. I know that they had recommendations on their website, but their site seems to be down now. I have seen that they have a profile on this site. Hopefully you can locate them and they will be able to help you.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.