Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A little Late

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
OK...I never got around to doing intros..and so I figured now I have some spare time and thought I really should. I'm just a regular girl who loves her pigs...I have four. Two of them were bought three years ago, both pet store pigs. (Oopsiedoopsie) Anyway, my newest additions came just a little over three weeks ago. One girl and one boy to go with my first pigs. Jeter is my very first guinea pig. Yeah, he's a pet store pig...but I love him to pieces and thank God that he never has had any problems that I've read about. He's my comfort pig...although he's a little crazy and I love all my pigs he's the one that I snuggle with when I'm sad. Okay, enough. Mailen is Jeter's only-sort-of-buddy. He's still a baby and I think annoyes Jeter like my little brother annoyes me. Lol. My girls are both about a year old and very laid back. One's a Coronet who's owner was allergic and fed her lettuce once a week. (Nothing else-no hay/pellets) She had sores on her feet and discharge from her eyes. She's since cleared up, the fleece helped her sore feet and the vet took care of her eyes. She and Brownie (my first girl) are completely attached. I would love to post pictures, but my previously-mentioned brother buried it in our backyard (drastic, yes) when he found that I had some rather embarresing (sp) pictures of him on it. :crazy: Soo...when I get a new camera or dig it up, pigtures will come. Thanks for reading....this unnecessarily long post. :)

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Err....I guess a belated welcome is due? Haha, I've seen you posting quite a bit on here so I guess I find it a little akward to say welcome! :)

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I think most people will...lol. Anyway...yeah I've gone a bit of a posting-frenzy...I hope I can calm down after a while...fingers can get quite sore.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Notice my number. More than half of it was while I was still a newbie. I think its called Newbie Numbers! And yes I did just invent that word!

frashy

Cavy Slave
This is hilarious! Actually, to be honest..I never did an introduction! I figured after month, after month, after month..I just procrastinated too long.

I can't believe there is a camera actually barried in your backyard! That's nuts. You think he would just..delete the embaressing photos, LOL. It's probably destroyed from all the water & rain in the ground. Oh man, I would force my brother (if I had one) to buy me a new one!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Oh man, I would force my brother (if I had one) to buy me a new one!

Unfortunatly most brother aren't like that!:rolleyes: But oh man if only...Hey frashy maybe this could be your intro to! That is if dra doesn't mind! Haha.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Nope don't mind at all...go ahead frashy. Double intro. :) Yeah, my brothers a little bit on the slow side (not in actuality, just as an expression) and so he took it to the extreme...the extreme extreme.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
Oh man, I would force my brother (if I had one) to buy me a new one!
I'd take it to the authority...AKA the dominant parent!

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Lol I wish...my brother won't tell where's its buried and we have a big backyard, so I don't even know where the thing is. He's grounded for a month anyway, plus another week for this...I don't think there is much else to do.

frashy

Cavy Slave
Hey, you could use one of those metal detectors to find it! jk.

Rainkindle- I would force him and THEN go to my dominent parent to back me up - my daddy! lol!

Here is my intro:
Hmm..well..lets see..I have four guinea pigs. All boars! Grimace, Chauncey, Brobee..and one I still don't have a name for! I got both Grimace and Chauncey from pet stores, but found my other two off of craigslist instead after I learned so much. I think I love my pigs more than my boyfriend, and so does he. Hmm..what else..I'm excited to see some pictures of Dra&pigs piggies! If I could be a guinea pig, I would be a crested white and black Himalayan. I plan on going to college to be a vet tech, then hopefully if I am lucky, become an actual vet, and then specialize in small rodents - mainly guinea pigs. Though I'm sure my chances of that happening are extremely slim.

Now watch, I finally do an intro and only like 3 people will notice.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Though I'm sure my chances of that happening are extremely slim.
Now watch, I finally do an intro and only like 3 people will notice.

Well, Keep positive Frashy!

And hey if its only three people at least its three people! (What can I say, I can't pep talk for my life!)

Oh yeah Dra PIGTURES ARE VERY WELCOME! lol

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
I noticed frashy, so one down!
Also, the vet I will see for my guinea got her degree in WI. She sees an average of 2.5 guineas per day she works. (But she only works 2 days a week, and my number is calculated off of my asking how many guineas she sees in a month.)
She gives a discount to the ones she sees from the rescue, since she is seeing the same long term guineas in their care.
She also specializes in other small animal "exotics."
I hope that encourages you!
edit: 2 down! my mistake!

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Ooh I noticed! I want to be a vet to...one that specializes in cavies and horses...sort of opposites in size, but my two favorites. :)

frashy

Cavy Slave
I'll try and keep positive, Animalhouse! Oh, and it's okay, alot of the time I don't make much sence when I talk myself. What Rainkindle said is actually really motivating, since her vet is from WI like me! Her vet is currently living my dream life, haha.

Dra&pigs- That actually would be really cool. Horses and guinea pigs are my favorite too! Those are the two main animals that inspire me of wanting to be a vet, because I love being around those animals. Especially horses, except I have very little experience with them. But that's okay.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I have about equal experience...maybe a little less with horses. They are amazing animals...and so are cavies. They also are both really common for neglect, pigs because their "disposable" and horses because they require so much care, and hundreds are at risk to go to glue and dog food factories.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.