Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grow Your Own Aero garden

Zipfelmuetze

Cavy Slave
Have any of you tried growing herbs, cherry tomatoes, or salad with an Aero garden for your guinea pig? They seem expensive (over $100.) I just want to make sure they really work, and keep growing the vegetables. I live in an apartment, so I can't have my own outdoor garden. If the indoor garden really works, I'll be willing to pay over $100 to grow my own stuff for the guinea pigs. Maybe I'll ask for it as a Christmas present. :silly:

I haven't tried growing tomatoes, but coriander, parsley and mixed lettuce seeds grow really well in it. :)

Okay, thank you. I'm not sure which package of seeds to get. Probably the Italian one though.

I love our aero garden. We got it at bed bath and beyond. You can use a coupon you get in the mailers from online and get twenty percent off it.
I have done tomatoes, basil, parsley, cilantro, lettuce mix seeds, and also I love love love the strawberrie seeds they have. Its like a little science project in your kitchen. I think it would be neat for people in Condo apartments that dont have a yard for a garden. I love it and can't say enough good things. Good thing about it is in the winter, you still get fresh veggies. I want to get another one so we have 2 going at the same time.
Good luck.

Oh wow, okay. That sounds great! Yeah, I get the 20% off coupons for Bed Bath & Beyond in the mail all the time.

I love our aero garden. We got it at bed bath and beyond. You can use a coupon you get in the mailers from online and get twenty percent off it.
I have done tomatoes, basil, parsley, cilantro, lettuce mix seeds, and also I love love love the strawberrie seeds they have. Its like a little science project in your kitchen. I think it would be neat for people in Condo apartments that dont have a yard for a garden. I love it and can't say enough good things. Good thing about it is in the winter, you still get fresh veggies. I want to get another one so we have 2 going at the same time.
Good luck.

For how many harvests do the seed mixes last? Does it grow a pretty good amount of lettuce? I have three guinea pigs and I go through 2-3 heads of lettuce a week. How does that compare to what the aero garden will grow? And do you have to use any type of fertilizer that would hurt guinea pigs?

Last edited:
...and also I love love love the strawberrie seeds they have.

I have looked every where for strawberry seeds!! Where did you find them?

I adore my Aerogarden. I've grown the Herbs kit and the Lettuce kit, and both turned out really well. The only issue I've had is that the pump has started making a "grinding" noise, which is apparantly a pretty common problem. It still works fine, tho. Next replant I will be replacing the pump.

I ordered my berry seeds from the 1-800 number that was on the infomercial late one night. I originally ordered one for my mom from there. Then when I seen how it worked purchased one from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I know at my BBB they have alot of differnet seeds to choose from. Try looking online and see if you can find any.
Mine made a odd sound the first few times also, however it did go away. Its worth the sound getting on my nerves sometimes for the awesome quality product you get in return.
Nothing hurts the pigs from the aero garden. Do a search on it and you can find all kinds of different stories from owners and they will tell you more in detail how each seed kit has different yields and what kinds of veggies you can grow.

Alrighty, thank you guys! I'll probably wait until Christmas to ask for it. LOL. I'm a student, and don't have much money as it is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.