PDA

View Full Version : Cube Construction??

babiemsie
08-31-08, 11:24 am
I bought some cubes yesterday and i was playing around with them, but they are really stiff to clip together, my hands were bright red. Anyone else have this? :)

Faith & Edwena
08-31-08, 12:15 pm
I had the same trouble with mine - resorted to black cabel ties in the end (which I think look nicer) - just make sure you cut off the excess so the piggies can not eat and harm them selves.

banjosnotbombs
09-01-08, 11:22 am
I had a hard time with my connectors, too. I ended up using a rubber mallet to get them in place.
I redid the cage a few times though, and prefer using cable ties now.

RainKindle
09-01-08, 01:15 pm
Some brands are more difficult.
I'd rather have the pink hands because I hate cutting off the zip ties when I want to redo something. I feel like I'm going to accidentally hurt myself and I've ruined a few pairs of scissors.
Now I'm just choosy about what brand of cubes I buy for the connectors.
Some things just need to be cable tied in the end anyway.

banjosnotbombs
09-01-08, 01:18 pm
Some brands are more difficult.
I'd rather have the pink hands because I hate cutting off the zip ties when I want to redo something. I feel like I'm going to accidentally hurt myself and I've ruined a few pairs of scissors.

I never use scissors on cable ties, too difficult. I use cable cutters.

Edit: They're actually called snippers

RainKindle
09-01-08, 04:15 pm
I never use scissors on cable ties, too difficult. I use cable cutters.

Edit: They're actually called snippers
Hey, good suggestion. I guess I just never thought of it. I'll have to invest in a good pair.

PixieStix
09-01-08, 06:26 pm
I use cable cutters too, I've used scissors, but the snippers work MUCH better.

With my connectors, I think they seem to loosen a bit with use. The older ones that were used on my last cage are easier than the (same) ones I had left over so weren't used.