Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to purchase animal products (Besides petco & petsmart)

Sopher7132

Cavy Slave
I hope I'm putting this in the right section but I haven't seen any threads about stores you all would reccomend to buy supplies for animals. If everybody could post where they buy their supplies and toys (stores like Petco or Petsmart would not be included).

I think a lot of people don't know exactly where to purchase their supplies so if there are any online stores or stores around your area please post them! Since members of this forum are located all over the world, please put your location. :cheerful:

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
I'm in North Carolina, USA. I have no contact with any stores, actually. I do all my shopping online.

I order hay and pellets directly from Oxbow, currently. I'm thinking about switching to KM, though.

Toys, pellet bowls, water bottles, igloos, Aspen, etc. I get from Drs. Foster & Smith. (broken link removed)

Cozies and cuddle cups I get from Weaver at (broken link removed)

krittercrazy

Cavy Slave
I go to Pet Food Discounters in Charlottesville, VA. That has been the only store in the area that I have found that does not sell pets. They have a great selection of good pet foods and if they don't have something I want they are happy to order it for me. I order some food from the internet too. It just takes some effort to search for what you want.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
I found that the pellets are a dollar and 45 cents less at the humane society. (Sometimes the humane society has higher costs, but don't count them out!) Profits help the humane society too!

Sopher7132

Cavy Slave
I'm in North Carolina, USA. I have no contact with any stores, actually. I do all my shopping online.

I order hay and pellets directly from Oxbow, currently. I'm thinking about switching to KM, though.

Toys, pellet bowls, water bottles, igloos, Aspen, etc. I get from Drs. Foster & Smith. (broken link removed) (broken link removed)

Cozies and cuddle cups I get from Weaver at

I love Foster and Smith! They have such cute toys!

Sopher7132

Cavy Slave
I found that the pellets are a dollar and 45 cents less at the humane society. (Sometimes the humane society has higher costs, but don't count them out!) Profits help the humane society too!

You're right! I also can buy bedding at my vets office as well! I prefer to go to a shelter/humane society since the money goes to a good cause :D

echolalia

Cavy Slave
I'm in Pennsylvania, USA, but the majority of my pet supplies are purchased online at Drs. Foster & Smith and (broken link removed) — they carry most of what I need. (I also get a small amount of cash back when I buy from those stores because I'm a member of a few online rebate sites.)
I received my first shipment of bluegrass from (broken link removed) earlier this month, and my boys are hooked! I'm waiting for the 2nd cut timothy to arrive; when it does, I'll order some and try her pellets, too.
I rarely shop for stuff in the stores around here; when I do, it's usually an "emergency," meaning, for instance, I've miscalculated and run out of Carefresh.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I'm in Missouri. I get some of my supplies free from friends/neighbors who didn't want something any more ex. a purple piggloo. I also buy alot of my stuff from local petstores. Normally something like piggloos, sometimes litter boxes, and sometimes bedding for litter boxes. I also buy from one of the many feedstores around me. We buy a wonderful bale of hay for 7.25 the price of a small bag at the petstore. The bale we get is orchard grass and blue grass with some timothy mixed in. I can also get pellets at another feedstore or at the vet. Our vet has every oxbow product. For water bottles and bowls I get those from places like target, furniture stores, or grocery stores.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.