PDA

View Full Version : Yeahhh!!!

Himino
12-30-04, 11:40 am
I just ate my first vegtaineran meat!! I bought some veggie hot dogs, and they didn't taste bad at all!

mncavylover
12-30-04, 10:16 pm
Great job! May I ask which brand? I've tried smart dogs, and they weren't all that wonderful. In fact, I also tried their ham, turkey, and pepperoni--all had a funny aftertaste. I much prefer boca. Congrats, and keep it up! If you need recipes, there are plenty out there. :)

chrishall1979
12-31-04, 02:09 am
Good job Jaspers. I finally know a second vegetarian in Pennsylvania. I live in York, about 30 minutes south of you. Again good job and keep going. The Chik'n burgers are awesome, you should go get some.

Chris

Himino
12-31-04, 02:21 pm
Great job! May I ask which brand? I've tried smart dogs, and they weren't all that wonderful. In fact, I also tried their ham, turkey, and pepperoni--all had a funny aftertaste. I much prefer boca. Congrats, and keep it up! If you need recipes, there are plenty out there. :)

Yeah the brand is morning star I think!

mncavylover
01-01-05, 07:00 pm
Ok, thanks! I'll have to remember that. I love most boca products, including chik'n. Heck, even my little brother liked the chik'n!

carrotflavour
01-06-05, 11:50 am
Have you tried quorn sausages? Quorn is mushroom protein which looks and tastes like meat. Very yummy and realistic .

Himino
01-06-05, 07:33 pm
No. Out here I have just been getting my veg. stuff at regular store and they only have frozen things from Boca, Moring Star, and Gardenburger.

Loveheart
01-07-05, 01:23 am
Quorn is Lovely, you can get it in like tiny pieces or like erm, Pretend chicken burger quorn things I think quorn also makes vegetarian lasagne too Last time I recalled But I find in england theres more quorn variety then in AMerica.

Faunn
01-07-05, 09:34 am
That all sounds so good! I need to get some...
Funniest thing happened yesterday, my friend offered me some gummy bears, and I'm usually all over them, but I said no and she said, "The apocilipst (sp) is coming." :P Its because all 3 of these items are made of pig skin: Marshmellows, gummy bears, and jello. Sorry if I went off topic, but I just needed to warn you all! :P

sofiemuffins
01-07-05, 10:54 am
Ugh, I know! Gummy Bears are my favorite but now I dont eat them.

Piglet
01-07-05, 04:59 pm
I agree, quorn tasted lovely. I don't like the quorn sausages though, but the burgers and 'chicken' peices are yummy

kavykritter
01-15-05, 07:06 pm
i miss my gummy bears, but when i feel tempted to eat something like that, i try to remember the animals it came from and stuff and all the health struff, how do you guys stop yourself from eating stuff you really love, but is made from meat or something?

Loveheart
01-15-05, 07:24 pm
Also bubble gum and chewing gum is animal products I think made out of whale blubber or something too

crittermom
01-15-05, 08:17 pm
This site has vegan marshmallows, gummi bears, and lots of other goodies. http://www.veganessentials.com/ You can sometimes find them at natural groceries too.