Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Anyone seen the small grids??

dojero

Cavy Slave
While browsing the threads I can across someone who had the grids with smaller squares. I believe they were called "Kid Grids" or something like that. I have goolged them and tried various sites but haven't been able to find them. Has anyone heard of these and know where to buy them? They would be great for the babies.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about the mesh grids? I believe the same places that sell the normal grids sell these too. They might not be in stock when you go, which would explain why you haven't seen them.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
The only place I have seen them is Linens n' Things.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I used the mesh cubes when I expanded my boys' cage. I used a standard grid in the location of the water bottles, ran the coroplast up that grid and punched a hole through for the water bottle spout. You can also get hangers to hang the bottles inside the cage. I love the mesh grids, by the way. They keep almost all of the mess in the cage. The only hay on the floor is when I spill it refreshing their stash.

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
The Kid Grids are from a few years ago, I don't think they sell them anymore. Mesh is the next best solution.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Years ago they were sold at Target in their office supply section - they were adorable mini versions of the regular grids, about a quarter size of the ones we use for cage assembly.

I do believe they've stopped making them because I can't find anything similar online or when I go to the stores. :sad: Bummer, too, because I had all kinds of ideas for using them to "accessorize" the cages.

hlee72

Cavy Slave
I'm trying to find out if the squares within the grids come in different sizes. My piggie's still a baby/youngster & he's still small.

Bennalaya

Cavy Slave
When I had my two boars I purchased the kid's grids at Target in their home storage section. The panels themselves had the same dimensions as the ones you see now, but the grids were much smaller. They came in packs of primary and pastel colors. I saved them and used them for Abby's cage:

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/2846986185_682bbbfd4e.jpg?v=0

I'm with Ziggy and Paula, though. I purchased them about six years ago and haven't seen them since. All I can find are the 9x9 panels. I even tried The Container Store, to no avail.

hlee72

Cavy Slave
Bennalaya, those would be perfect!!! Too bad they're not around, anymore, like you said.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.