Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C question

makemesmile

Cavy Slave
I have 2 guinea pigs that I've had for a while. While doing some research to find a better dog/cat food for my dog/cat, I wondered if I had my guinea pigs on poor food. Sure enough I did. I will soon be switching them over to oxbow shortly.

For whatever reason, I than questioned the type of bedding/litter I was using and after a lot of research I plan on switching them over to fleece very soon.

So, change of bedding had me wondering if my cage was OK. I found out that it is too small. WAYYY too small. Poor piggies! I thought it was big :sad: It looks big to someone who doesn't know anything I guess.

So I'm looking into creating a C&C cage and I have a quick question I just want to make sure that what I'm looking at is what I need.

Are these the right "cubes", and if it is, how many boxes would I need to make a 2x5 grid cage; 3? Thank you for your time.

(broken link removed)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If you go to a Target store they have an instore brand called Organize it. It's a 6 cube set of grids and they are usually about $14.99 a set for about 23 grids. Sometimes they are on sale for $12.99.

For a 2x5 you would need 14 grids. It looks like the one you linked to has 16 grids but extra grids always come in handy. You would be better off getting the other set with more grids for less money.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
Those are ok. However, the last set of Whitmor brand grids I bought had a mix of grids. One set had holes between grids of an ok size, the other set a guinea could squeak through.
It was a six cube box that I bought in-store. So just pay attention.
I didn't care for how hard the connectors were in comparison to other brands.
My favorite right now are the new grid set I got from Bed Bath and Beyond. Somebody else on this forum had a great suggestion for the ones from there.
Here is a link to that thread
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/36991-found-site-c-c-cage-supplies.html?

makemesmile

Cavy Slave
Thank you :) Saving money is always a great thing. I can't wait to get my pigs into something more roomie!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Target changed the way they are making their grids unfortunately. The newer style is not safe. But sometimes you will find boxes of old style ones mixed in at the stores.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Linen 'n Things carries mesh grids, which are super for our messy little kids. I will never use another kind of grid for my piggers again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.