Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A not so happy introduction

Kelsey

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I came across this forum when looking for ideas for a cage for my dwarf rabbit just last night. Unfortunately, my rabbit passed away this morning. She had grown too big for her cage and I was saving up to buy her a larger one. My mom's boyfriend ended up buying a hutch from a friend. I am strongly against keeping rabbits and guinea pigs outside, especially where I live. It just gets way too hot for them. So reluctantly I had to put her in the hutch and since then her health went downhill. She started to become very aggressive. She just wasn't the same rabbit. I had her for almost a year. My boyfriend buried her in his yard this evening.

I've had two guinea pigs in the past. One roamed free in my home with my dog and cat, it was a very rare thing. They all got along AMAZING. It was the coolest thing. I had him for a long time. I was only about 7 or 8 so I didn't know better. One day he must have gotten into something that made him sick and my mother found him dead while I was at school. I will never make that mistake again. The other guinea pig I had was in 7th grade, I began taking hockey very seriously so I didn't have enough time as I'd like for her so I gave her to a classroom where they still have her from what I've heard.

I've done a lot more research on guinea pigs since then. Once I'm ready for another pet I think I will be getting another guinea pig. I hope to learn a lot more from this forum and meet some new people :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.