Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners?

babiemsie

Cavy Slave
hi

i am going to get a hedgehog (sorry, i know this forum is for guinea pigs but it has a lot of info on c & c cages) and i will be building a c & c cage. I was wondering wether to make liners or just use aspen, if i do make them do i just have two layers of fleece sewn together or do they need some sort of absorbent layer in the middle?

thanks! :)

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome. Hedgehogs are SOOOOO cool. Most of us that use fleece use towels or mattress pads and then just one layer of fleece on top. Some sew them together, but not all of us do. The purpose of fleece is to wick the urine away from the surface and the towels or mattress pads hold the moisture away from the surface until it dries. Fleece also makes it easier to clean up the little "gifts" that our little dears leave us. There is a lot of info here as well as great ideas. I hope that you visit often.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
I second that on the fleece. That's what my girlfriend uses for hers.

babiemsie

Cavy Slave
Thanks a lot!

I am going to use liners as they seem like a lot less hassle and are much cheaper. I plan on visiting a lot because this place is a great resource!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Are you getting the hedgie from a rescue?

babiemsie

Cavy Slave
No, i don't know of any rescues in my area i was planning on getting one from a breeder. :)

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
No, i don't know of any rescues in my area i was planning on getting one from a breeder. :)
It just takes patience to look.
If you want to PM me your location, I can see if I can help you find a rescue hog online for your area.
My girlfriend's was a rescue, and once she got the adorable thing back to good health, she adopted the hedge hog out. (The nails were growing into the poor things padding.)
She let me feed it fresh worms once. I just love the way the hog puffed when handled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.