PDA

View Full Version : Two Level?

paul91
08-24-08, 09:22 am
Hello~
(I wanted to say this is such a wonderful community!!!)

My Guinea Pig of almost 8 years, named Calico (cally), recently passed away. I wish I know about websites like this, where I could get dietary and cage information...that way she may have had a little more fun while in her cage :( but atleast her store-bought cage was pretty large. I miss having her around...My bedroom seems so quiet w/ out her now, so in a few months, I think I may get myself a new piggy friend.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an open 2 level C&C cage? I have only found people online selling 1 level, and I'm quite drawn to the open 2 level style for some reason.
Thank you very much!
Paul~

babiemsie
08-24-08, 09:49 am
I'm so sorry about your piggy :(

try this seller on ebay eBay Store - Cage Corner and More: Open Top Cages, Enclosed Cages, Earring Racks (http://stores.ebay.com/Cage-Corner-and-More)
there are some open two-level ones, and you can pick a colour.

hope this helps ! :)

RainKindle
08-24-08, 10:04 am
I played around with my grids for months before I got a piggy. I felt just like a little kid with legos. If you buy the materials, there are so many possibilities. I feel kinda silly as a full grown adult when my mother asked me what in the world I was doing. Have you considered building your own? It helps to contemplate the easiest way to build it for piggy and for cleaning. There are tons of pictures on this site to give you ideas.

paul91
08-24-08, 02:48 pm
I'll give it some thought for sure. It sounds like fun, actually, so I might try it.
Thanks for the links!
I'll post a photo of calico in the introduction section :)
P

Harrys Dad
08-24-08, 05:25 pm
Look in the photo galleries at the top of the page for open cages there are a lot of pictures of 2 level open cages you can make yourself and a lot cheaper also.

PixieStix
08-24-08, 10:38 pm
It's pretty easy to make your own cage, and can be done relatively cheaply.

When you do decide to get back into piggies, please adopt from a shelter, rescue, or a pig being rehomed instead of going to a pet store or breeder. Also, pigs are social, herd animals and do much better in same sex (or altered) pairs or groups.

MommyOfTwo
08-25-08, 09:09 am
You can also try this person for a cage: eBay Store - BluestoneCommerce Cages and Guitars: Pig Cages - Enclosed, Pig Cages - Open Top, Electric Guitars (http://stores.ebay.com/BluestoneCommerce-Cages-and-Guitars)

DIGGYDI
08-25-08, 12:18 pm
I'm so sorry about the loss of Cally.

paul91
08-25-08, 12:38 pm
Thanks to everyone!