Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Digging

MeganT

Cavy Slave
Hey, I just signed up here and had a question about my bunny Carl (female...mistake at the pet store when I bought her). Anyways, she is pretty fond of digging in my bed sheets or trying to dig up my carpet. I was wondering if it would be a safe option to go and buy her her own blanket to play around with...I wasn't sure if this would be a problem with hairballs. Thats all. Thanks!

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
Rabbits really love towels and blankets for chewing and digging, but if she starts injesting it then take it away. Our rabbit Sterling loves to bunch and scoot around towels. You might also want to try a digging box with dirt or shredded paper and hay. Another idea is to get one of those carboard concrete forms (looks like a big cardboard tunnel from a home improvement store) and stuff the end with paper and hay to simulate burrowing. Sterling also likes phonebooks, I open it to the middle and scrunch some of the paper up. He digs at it and rips pages out. Go to www.rabbit.org for more toy ideas.

MeganT

Cavy Slave
bunnyluv17 said:
Rabbits really love towels and blankets for chewing and digging, but if she starts injesting it then take it away. Our rabbit Sterling loves to bunch and scoot around towels. You might also want to try a digging box with dirt or shredded paper and hay. Another idea is to get one of those carboard concrete forms (looks like a big cardboard tunnel from a home improvement store) and stuff the end with paper and hay to simulate burrowing. Sterling also likes phonebooks, I open it to the middle and scrunch some of the paper up. He digs at it and rips pages out. Go to www.rabbit.org for more toy ideas.

Thanks for the advice! I like the tube idea!

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
Yes, my buns can sit there for hours playing with their towels or blankets. That way your carpet/sheets dont get ruined and they can have their fun. My baby boy also likes snuggling with his "blankie" and drags it around the floor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.