Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

a toy that helps with nails?

jakkismagic

Cavy Slave
My question is a really simple one that only needs a short answer.

Is there anything I can put in my boys pen that will help control their nails but not harm their feet? If so what is it? If not just let me know that such a miracle doesn't exist.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
If you put a flagstone underneath their water bottles, it will help with two things.
First, if your water bottles drip, then the drips will evaporate off of the brick and not get the bedding messy.
Second, it helps to wear down the nails. But you still will have to trim them on a regular basis.
Putting the flagstones underneath the water bottles insures that they have to step on it.
Don't put the brick in the cage in a way that it could hurt the piggy. I'd make sure that the cage is solid if you put one on a second level for example.
My piggy doesn't play or chew or anything with it, instead it is just a part of life for her.

jakkismagic

Cavy Slave
If you put a flagstone underneath their water bottles, it will help with two things.
First, if your water bottles drip, then the drips will evaporate off of the brick and not get the bedding messy.
Second, it helps to wear down the nails. But you still will have to trim them on a regular basis.
Putting the flagstones underneath the water bottles insures that they have to step on it.
Don't put the brick in the cage in a way that it could hurt the piggy. I'd make sure that the cage is solid if you put one on a second level for example.
My piggy doesn't play or chew or anything with it, instead it is just a part of life for her.

Cool thank you, I just so happen to have some flagstone in my garage!

iluvmypigclover

Cavy Slave
Yes, that works. I also have a flagstone underneath my piggy's main hay rack. Anytime she goes to that hay rack, she is forced to step on the stone! But she doesn't seem to mind--infact, sometimes she rests on the rock! I think she really likes it!

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
Great idea with the flagstone.

I do not have a flagstone but have a granite tile that can provide the same idea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.