Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

new baby

charlie23

Cavy Slave
Hi my female has jgiven birth there is only one baby there was no blood or anything else in the cage mother is happy and eating baby is active is this all normal i was expecting more babies

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I think one baby is quite normal, especially if it's her first litter, and if I remember correctly, this is a petstore pig that was very young and pregnant, so hopefully it is her first (and last) litter.

Yes, it's quite normal not to find any blood in the cage because the momma will eat all of the afterbirth, even the shavings, if they were bloody.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
As long as she's not still trying to deliver a baby that's not coming out, one baby is perfectly fine.

charlie23

Cavy Slave
No mum and baby seem fine mum is moving about eating and not distressed so think it was just the 1 baby no more babys male being castrated in the near future seperated until then

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.