Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Anyone in Victoria BC area?

asapltl

Cavy Slave
I have just become interested in Guinea Pigs and have done a lot of research about them both on this site and other online resources. I am adopting 3 female guinea pigs from a lady who isn't allowed to have pets in her building. I have room for more guinea pigs and am interested in fostering guinea pigs or adopting more. If anyone is from the Victoria area (I live in Sidney) and knows of a rescue that deals with guinea pigs or knows of guinea pigs that need a good home please let me know.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi, I live in Victoria, too :) I have 3 guinea pigs, two females and a male. The female lives together and their names are Edna and Bette. And the male, Chipy, lives next door as I don't want babies. I have had guinea pigs since the late 90's and thoroughly enjoy them. I don't know of any rescue groups that deal just with guinea pigs. I've been trying to volunteer for some time but basically it is just the spca and frankly I'm not too fond of the people.

There is a group called Little Mischief that deals with small animals. What they mainly need are foster homes if you are interested.

Well, welcome to the group!
Lynn

asapltl

Cavy Slave
Hi Lynn,
where do you get your timothy hay for your guineas? I was going to check a local pet feed store but was wondering where you get yours? I have actually emailed with the lady from Little Mischief about guinea pigs. Have you found a vet that works with guinea pigs? I haven't looked yet but is always good to have someones referral as opposed to picking someone out of the phone book.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I take my animals to Glenview Animal Hospital to see Dr. Colis or I take them to Dr. Breadner's office at Keating Cross Roads. Both are awesome small animal Vets. Dr. Colis has neutered all my guinea pigs and rabbits and none had a problem. All healed well. :)
I currently buy my Timothy hay from a petfood store in Oak Bay called A Pet's Life but I have also bought hay at Willow Wind in Langford.

Hope this helps!
Lynn

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.