Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

another kidney stone question....baytril and benebac?

crazychic

Cavy Slave
Hi there again. My pig Skittles has me very worried. He has been on Baytril now since Monday and continues to bleed in his urine. (has has stone(s)) How long should the meds take to discontinue the bleeding? He has had stones before but the bleeding had stopped by now and he was back to himself. He is also not eating and is only taking in a blueberry/cranberry juice mixed with water. He seems very tired and sad and uncomfortable. Also, my old vet who I adored always gave him Benebac to ensure his good health. Do your pigs who have had stones get both Baytril and Benebac? I am concerned about him not having the Benebac. Please help me in any way you can, I am very concerned about him and there is no emergency vet in this city (apparently) who even sees guinea pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.