Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

one of my piggy's eye seems abnormal

zxl124

Cavy Slave
When she is awake, she seems closing her left eye halfway. When she is sleeping, she close her left eye. She left her right eye open almost all the time. Her left eye seems ok, you may call it a little watery, but is not obvious at all. Is there something wrong with her eye? Shall I seek vet help immediately? Or she just have some hay or betting poked her left eye and need some time to recover? Need help, very worried, thanks.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
One of mine shuts his right eye half way if I'm petting him or if he's dozing off. It's not uncommon for them to sleep with one eye open and one closed. If you feel like it's not "normal" and think something may be wrong then book a vet appointment ASAP to prevent damage to the eye.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
If she is doing this all the time when you aren't handling her, her eye may or may not have an injury. Perhaps you should have her checked out by a vet just in case.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.