Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Went to the vet today...

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Well, I had to bring Fleur to the vet today. I had noticed that her eye looked injured and was very cloudy. I also found out that she had some sort of bugs on her. Well, she ended up having a scratch on her eye... poor thing. So she has eye cream and an antibiotic. And the bugs on her were lice. She got a shot of ivermectin. So that means the other two probably have them and we are bringing them later to get shots. I am so mad, I can't believe they have them! I think there are from the Carefresh I had been using for so long. Now they are on fleece. I am just glad that the vet we saw specializes in small animals.

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
I am so glad to hear your little girl will be feeling much better soon.

Keep us updated.

soccergrl849

Cavy Slave
Could you describe the cloudy eye. My pig has something very similar, it is very cloudy looks almost blue in the light. He has had some crusty-ness around the eye and I have been rinsing it off, he doesn't seem to mind having it touched at all it just looks very off.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
it just looks very off.
If it looks that off, bring your guinea to the vet. Your guinea's eyesight may be at stake especially with the cloudiness.

soccergrl849

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your input. I have made an appointment at an exotic vet for the earliest appointment. Hopefully everything is okay!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.