Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sewing for Piggies

ginger12508

Cavy Slave
What could I sew for my future piggies? I saw the Cuddle Cup instructions, and I'm thinking of doing that first, but what else could I do? What kind of material is safe for pigs? And would normal thread be okay? Thanks in advance!

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I'd say skip the cuddle cup and do a cozy sak! My pigs like them soo much more because they double as a sleep spot and a hidey. Harrys Dad posted this how to for me the other day: Cozy by LilyGrace

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
I've made my pigs a cuddle cup (using the instructions on the link) which is a big hit. Several cozy sacks for them, which I just figured out on my own how to make and they love those as well. Recently I made a big pad of fleece around some batting (like a thin pillow) that they like, and a small pillow for them. A new member just recently posted pictures of the tunnels she sewed on one of the threads in this forum, which you could try (she posted how she made them). Here's the link https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-guinea-pigs/37392-pigtures-yay.html.

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
When making the cozy use fleece inside and a durable fabric outside. I have a cuddle cup in my boy's cage and neither of them use it but they do use the cozies. And I am soon going to make some tunnels that were shown in another thread on here.

sammy_kaye

Cavy Slave
My pigs prefur the cozies over the cuddle cups and they use their hammock as part of their laps rather than something to lay in. I used fleece on the inside and pj material on the outside. I also used batting in between the layers to give their cozies some shape. They also seem to absorb urine with out becomming saturated and they dry really quickly.

Mine are smaller than normal but my pigs are only 7 weeks old. I based the pattern on lily graces page.

I also used normal cotton thread and made sure I cut off all loose bits and I regually check them just in case some have come loose.

Last edited:

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
I made a hammock. A triangle of fabric with ties on each corner. They all love it!

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I tried a hammock and Murry layed on it but Harry pushed him off and didnt even get on it afterwards the bugger

sammy_kaye

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs have just worked out the hammock and everytime I see them one of them is in it. In fact one uses it more than anything else in their cage.

ginger12508

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the replies! I don't know what to get started on-they all look really good! Thanks again!

ms pixie riot

Cavy Slave
I did some piggy sewing last night, myself. I made a small snuggle sack and a large one. The pigs understand that you can go inside them, because I've seen them do it... but their favourite thing seems to be to run and hop all over them until they're flat to the ground, then wait for me to prop them open so they can do it all over again!

sammy_kaye

Cavy Slave
I'm sure my pigs popcorn in their cozies. When they first get in them the cozies jump around like mad. It is rather funny to watch.

gooberific

Cavy Slave
I'm sure my pigs popcorn in their cozies. When they first get in them the cozies jump around like mad. It is rather funny to watch.

LOL Sounds like the bunk beds and hammocks at our house. Suddenly, the fabric will start going up and down, or the bent grid that makes their bunks bounce! :)

SNUGGS

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig rolled on top of her cozie!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.