Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello

i-love-piggies

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm new here and I don't have any guinea pigs yet but I really want one. I hope my parents will say yes.:)

babyboo

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I hope that your parents will let you get a gp.

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Welcome. You say you really want one, if you do end up getting piggies, please get at least two. Pigs are social animals and do best in either same sex groups, or if one of the genders is altered. In addition, please ADOPT future cavies from a rescue, shelter, or someone rehoming them. There are so many homeless animals out there.

Another note, if your parents say 'yes', are they prepared to pay for large vet bills, proper food, bedding, etc? Will they allow you to have a proper sized cage? Just some things to consider before getting a new pet.

theresaj

Cavy Slave
What PixieStix said are very good points. It's really important that you do all the research you can about providing for their needs, keeping them healthy and happy, and learning all the love your pets can share with you. :)

frashy

Cavy Slave
Welcome! There is so much information here, just make sure you research, and look around before you get one..Pixie and Theresa said it pretty well.

It's such an opprotunity for you to have came across this place, before you made any real decision on whether or not you will be able to get one (hopefully two!). Sometimes, you can even adopt an already bonded pair..which is great.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.