Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Quarantine Question

gooberific

Cavy Slave
So I just noticed that my son (while I was in the bathroom), ran between the rooms and pet all three pigs, including the one I have in quarantine.

Come to find out, he has also been moving toys between the cages, including fleece or fleece-covered grid tunnels, and my hubby has been taking them out as soon as he notices.

Should I just continue to keep an eye on all the pigs now, and treat my other two for mites as a preventative? Does all this completely defeat the quarantine?

[The reason I know he is doing it... he has started pretending to wheek -- i.e., squealing -- when he pets the pigs, and I had left the bathroom door open and saw him whiz past. No pun intended.]

Last edited:

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Yes, you should treat them all for mites now and keep an eye on the existing pigs.

Germs and parasite eggs can spread on your hands and shirt.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.