Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sulfatrim - Drowsiness?

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Has anyone ever had a pig on Sulfatrim? I noticed that after I administer the antibiotic my pigs get very sluggy. While they do normally sleep in the afternoon they usually perk up around 5-6 and hop all over the place because they know veggie time is coming. Now, they're sleeping throughout the entire afternoon until I come in with veggies and wake them with their "dinner call". They seem pretty active in the morning and at night, since it's been several hours since they're last douse. They are recovering from a URI, but I think the medicine is actually making them sleepy, not the illness itself. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

They've continued to eat well. I'm not sure if their drinking on their own and even if they are, they were never big drinkers, so I've been syringing water to ensure hydration.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.