Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Dirty Ears

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
I bought some small animal ear cleaner at the pet store the other day and used it on my piggies today, and I was shocked by how dirty their ears were! Could this be normal since I have had them for so long and didn't realize I was supposed to clean their ears, or do you think something is wrong? Also just a quick update, all three pigs are getting along wonderfully now in their new C&C cage! Although I wouldn't say that Hope and Jesper are the best of friends quite yet, all three of them always seem to be hanging out right next to each other. Also, it has been a little over a week since their first Revolution treatment, and when I brushed them today I noticed there was hardly any dandruff and a lot less shedding!

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
Yes I already read everything on the GuineaLynx site. I know the dirty ears aren't "normal", but could it be normal in this situation where they are at least five years old and have never had their ears cleaned? If they do have ear mites, will the treatments with Revolution treat those too, or do I have to do something else?

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
It's my opinion that if they've never had an ear cleaning, then yes, that's probably the cause of the dirty ears. However, I'd wait for more people to reply.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.