Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Piggy making a weird sounding noise

Susan613

Cavy Slave
My piggy, Cosmo, made a really weird noise yesterday and it made me nervous. The best way to describe it is that it sounded like a monkey grunting or like a person that is having a asthma attack and trying to catch their breath. I haven't noticed him breathing heavy or having trouble breathing. He has been eating and been active. He does have normal stool, but does also pass a big wad of really stinky poop. I don't know if its too many strawberries that is causing the big stinky poop. I'm thinking of taking him to the vet for a checkup just to ease my mind. I have been known to be paranoid and take my pets to the vet and turns out there is nothing wrong with them.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
If it is hooting, it is a sign of URI and/or heart disease.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
big wad of stinky poo
, is that often? That doesn't sound good at all. Could he be impacted? That is a sound I can't say I've ever heard from any of my four boys and never have they passed "a wad of poo".

If it were me, I'd take him in for a check-up. Much cheaper to do now, than rush in for emergency visit. Just make sure your vet is cavy savvy, otherwise it can end up being a waste of time.

Take any of those poo samples with you if you can..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.