Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

looking for a rescue place in Richmond, Virginia

piggielover

Cavy Slave
Hey, i'm in Richmond, Virginia, and I am getting guinea pigs soon. I want babies, preferably female, breed and color doesn't matter. Anyone know a place in Richmond?

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Im sorry, no! have you tried petfinder.com? check their classified section as well.

piggielover

Cavy Slave
Ahhh, thats a good idea. I take it you live in Viriginia. I was hoping to rescue one though...? o well. i will just go look and see.

cornhill

Cavy Slave
There is one in Chesapeake if thats not to far to travel. It's called "chesapeake Guinea Pig Rescue" run by Sharon Coffey. If you want her phone #, let me know. Two of my 4 pigs came from her. She may be listed in some kind of rescue organization.

piggielover

Cavy Slave
yesh please. She gets all ages, genders, and breeds i hope? Because i have decided that i want 2 (so that they will not be lonely) female, baby piggies.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Don't discount adopting adult pigs. Adult rescue pigs are often well-socialized and eternally grateful that you adopted them. You'll likely end up with cuddly lap-ploppers.

Katie

Cavy Slave
I agree with Chad. Most people come to my rescue wanting to adopt babies. I HIGHLY discourage it, especially with first time owners. Pups are cute, but they are much harder to handle, they like to run and squirm, some bite to be put down. I have had many people return pups because of these reasons, and they adopted adults and were much happier.
Adults are usually already socialized, they are out of their adolescent stage and don't act as independent. The are laid back and easier to handle. Please also look at adults.

cornhill

Cavy Slave
piggielover said:
yesh please. She gets all ages, genders, and breeds i hope? Because i have decided that i want 2 (so that they will not be lonely) female, baby piggies.
Sharon's Number in Chesapeake is (757)-420-2376. And she will not let them be adopted unless they are completely healthy. Good luck.

piggielover

Cavy Slave
Thank you, and to all of you guys who say for me to get a guinea pig? I have handled giunea pigs of friends and family before, just never one of my own. So, i will just see, and let everything settle down with whats what. thanks though. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.