PDA

View Full Version : I have a little problem, I left my grids outside and it rained on them!

auburnmare5
06-24-08, 06:18 am
The title says about 1/2 of the story.
Are the grids safe to use if they are wet? Do they rust underneath the paint/coating? Are they weakened at all?
I am taking my pig on vacation for 11 days this week and I don't want him in his petstore cage and I want him out in his grids cage. But if they are unsafe, I don't want to take them and I can monitor him for a bit each day.
Thank You very Much in advance.

naturegal592
06-24-08, 07:30 am
The coating should protect the metal from the rain. If they have been chewed on at all, try to keep the bare parts out of the pigs reach the best you can. If it was a one time thing they should be ok.

Ly&Pigs
06-24-08, 10:56 am
Rain won't hurt the grids. Just dry them off well before using them.

auburnmare5
06-24-08, 02:26 pm
Okay, thanks. I was worried because I was going on vacation for 11 days and I didn't want to buy new grids. That wouldn't be the best way to start my family vacation with a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond.

gpigluver14
06-24-08, 03:12 pm
It's not a problem. My outdoor cage is left out all the time. The paint coating makes the metal nearly impossible to rust.

ittybitty98577
06-24-08, 05:17 pm
How old are your grids? Because mine started to rust and they are 4 years old and they were only outside once. Id keep an eye out and if they dont rust within a week I would say they are fine. They wont weaken either if rained on.

fourboys4now
06-25-08, 09:30 am
My outside cage grids stay out all the time as well. I've not noticed any problems with them as of yet.

auburnmare5
06-26-08, 05:48 am
How old are your grids? Because mine started to rust and they are 4 years old and they were only outside once. Id keep an eye out and if they dont rust within a week I would say they are fine. They wont weaken either if rained on.

I got my grids in February. They have not been left out until that one time. I think it is weird, the one time I leave them outside, it rains on them! lol

ittybitty98577
06-29-08, 08:23 pm
Oh well then I wouldnt worry about it.