Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Shower Curtain Blues

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Here's the situation:
I have two cages since I have two housees. In my second home I have a 2by4 (constantly changing). The bottom is a shower curtain. In my first home I have a 3by4 also with a shower curtain on the bottom.

In my first home it works great. The girls are almost completely litter trained, and nothing gets mashed into the shower curtain. But in my second home, they refuse to go in the little box and kick u the fleeece and puppypads and go pee and poo on the plain curtain. It starts to smell in less than 2 hours after a cleaning, and everything gets everywhere. Its a horrible mess to clean and quite frankly I'm fed up with it! I used to have a small petstore cage up there and don't want to have to swich back.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem? HELP!!:yawn:

Last edited:

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Have you tried putting something heavy like bricks along the edges of the cage so they can't dig up the fleece?

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
I had considered that put I don't want to have to take away valuable space considering, that there cage barely meets reccommended size. I tried something similar where I would tuck the fleece under the grids. It worked until they had to go to the bathroom! >( Silly piggers!!

I also have another question:

Right now the cage is squished into the great room. But, we have very large Bathrooms. Our downstairs bathroom is only used when we have guests. Would it be okay to put them down there so they could have a bigger cage? Also, it gets very hot in the summer and its cooler downstairs and they'd be on tile. I'm worried about drafts, and if someone DOES take a shower in there, willl the steam affect them? Of course I could always take them out when someone does take a shower down there.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If the fleece is where you can tuck it under the grids then take binder clips and attach it to the outside of the grids themselves. You will need a bunch of binder clips but they are available most anywhere they sell office supplies. It should keep them from being able to get up underneath the fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.