Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

pottying in the cozies

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
Does anyone else's pigs use their cozies/beds as potties? It was getting really gross so I started lining them with paper towels and changing it daily. It's really a pain, though! Silly piggies!

Treen

Cavy Slave
Mine piddle for England in theirs! I just make sure they're washed regularly as I don't think I have any chance of persuading them not to!

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
yea, my girls LOVE to potty their cozies (one of them) so i just wash them every 3 or 4 days.

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
well, if you buy a yard opf clearance fabric, only three dollars or so, you can make like 10 or 12 cozies. After each one gets really soiled, you could just toss it and replace. If you think about, each one is like 25 cents.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I have a cuddle cup, not a cozy and they poo in in sooo much, but never pee

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
My girls pee in their cozies too. They also have these pillows that I made for them but they won't pee or poop on the pillows at all.

pennick

Cavy Slave
Mine poop in them. I took pillow cases and make little flat pillows and would put them on the bottom of them. I can just pick them up and shake it off. I have shavings so I have to be careful what kind of materials I use because the shavings stick to everything. Pillow cases were good.

endzie

Cavy Slave
Yeah, mine love to pee and poop in them.

Ferdypig

Cavy Slave
I'm so relieved that everyone else's pigs do this too! I bought cuddle cups for my boys a couple of weeks ago (from a piggie rescue in England - lovely and v. cheap if anyone in the uk wants the web address) and I have to wash them every couple of days. Guess I might have to get some more!

princess85

Cavy Slave
Hi. My piggies LOVE to go potty in there sleep sacks and tunnel. I thought it was just mine too but after reading this it seems very common. I saw that you bought some stuff from england it wouldnt happen to be from here would it (broken link removed) ? I have been wanting to buy some stuff off of there for awhile now but and confused about the prices. I live in the us.

Ferdypig

Cavy Slave
Hi princess85,

Yeah, that's the place. They were really good - v. quick delivery and because they didn't have the large blanket I ordered they sent me two small blankets. You should try e-mailing them about prices - they're very friendly. I'll try to work out how to post a pic of my piggies in their cuddle cup at the weekend.

laura220

Cavy Slave
How do you make cozies?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.