Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Death To Hackers!!!!

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
T__T I am Bored out of my MIND.

Being the geek i am there is a forum called Manga academy that hase basically become secong nature/second home for me. I knwo the people there better than I know my friends in real life!( and frankly i LIKE them better too! ha ha)
Im even friends with the guy who owns the company that sells the art supplies (ie: akadotretail.com)

But last week we were hacked by a group of Brazilian hackers. They only defaced the index page so no one though much of it since we still had our forums and the page was fixed after a few days.

But yesterday when i got home THE WHOLE SITE HAD BEEN COMPLETELY DEFACED!!!! I dont know what Rica-chan and Aka-san have been doing to get it back up (though im sure thier working hard as usual) But Im practically pulling my hair out with boredom! I can talk to a few of the people on MA on instant messenger but There are so many open convos and I had just posted art in the critics corner the day before and now i cant see the replys i got!

>_< Sorry about all the complaining but I just wanna kick the hackers of teh world right into a ditch!!!

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
Hey you're into manga? Ahh another fellow otaku ( sorry if the term offends you, it's the only proper one I can find to fit at the moment.)

I understand your grief. Once I was in an Utena yahoo writing club and we had about 300+ posts of storyline, and then someone came and erased our site and claimed we were all losers and pedophiles :(. Luckily the moderator of the site saved all the posts we had written on his computer, but all of the artwork that people had made for their characters and others were gone and irreplaceable (sp?). It got us sad, but it also gave us a fresh new look to change our storylines. So what type of manga/anime are you into? Shoujo, Shonen?? It's been a long time since I've paid attention to the stuff, but I used to be really hard-core about anime. I still attend the conventions though when I can. :D

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Nifty, you're into manga? I can't be called a fan or anything, considering it's so hard to find where I live and I know absolutely no Japanese, but I think it's really neat when I can get my hands on it. My friend and I enjoy renting out anime movies, but we've rented out nearly all of them now, such a pain in the butt(stupid suburbs). But I know what you mean, I (being the dork that I am) am insane about online role playing games, and we lost our entire site one day thanks to hackers. But then I found cavycages, and I'm perfectly happy now!

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
Offened?! GOODNESS NO! xD I wear My otakudom with PRIDE! Why else would i be such a freak. Otakon Otakukon Ohayocon Metrocon! I LUV conventions and all that good stuff x3

Im more of a manga freak than an anime freak. Its easier to get and cheaper and i love collecting it. I love Shonen and Shoujo. Everything CLAMP does to things liek Shaman king(NOT the foxbox version) and Dragon knights and MARS.

xD im so obsessed. lol.

But yeah im going absolutely out of my head without that site. it SUCKS not having your headquarters. I was talking to vahn and she thought we should make an Manga academy department of defence. xD we scratched that when we realized that MADD was Mothers against drink driving xD *laughing like crazy*

Instead we decided on MA DOPED. (Manga Academy Department Of Enthusiactic Death-warriors)

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Hah, you seem like my kind of person! I know only one other person that thinks like that and that's... me! hehehe. Yes, I think I'm just a bit certafiably crazy, but that's what my old catholic school does to you! HEHEHEHEHE! Okay, I've had too much sugar today, I need to calm down.*Cleansing breaths*

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I first got into anime with the oh so famous Toonami lineup when I was a n00b. But then I progressed, and at the time I got into the scene mangas weren't that frequent so I had to rely on scanlations. And the manga that was available was only online, and usually japanese. But there has been a huge b00m in manga over the past 2-3 years. So much so I don't have the time and money to start reading and owning all I want. I was really into "X", but I haven't paid attention to my unfinished collection in about 2 years. I started reading Mars, but that got a bit boring for me. But I love the Utena series. Magnificent and so dynamic. I recommend you read or watch it if you get the chance. And Peach girl is a fun read too from time to time. I should really get back into reading manga now that I'm on X-mas break! Oh I only wished now that I asked for some for christmas. I haven't been to too many conventions since I'm limited money and travel wise, but I'm from Texas so I have attended Ushi-Con ( my personal favorite!) and A-kon. But I don't think this year, since I have school and classes to pass :( Stupid scholarships that require stupid minimum academic requirements :(

Well I'm probably sounding pretty pathetic with my rambling, so I'm just going to to give my yahoo e-mail and screen name if you ever feel like talking.

E-mail: [email protected]
Screen name: Akira13_2001

( uncanny resemblance neh?)

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
is that an AIM screen name? ^^ I dont have yahoo.

And Im kinda liek you with the whole falling out of obsession with X. ive got like..the first 5 and then i just sorta tapered off and forgot about it.

have you seen The Fullmetal alchemist series adult swim started airing recently? I seriously think its the best Dub that chanell has EVER aired. xD I actually dont cringe! lol.

Hey doc: EMBRACE THE CHAOS! xD *does a spazzy dance*

anyone who wants something kewl to read lookie here:

(broken link removed)

xD Im such a wierdo! Im totaly obsessed with Ryuuku now!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, indeed, embrace the chaos...*Maniacal laughing ensues* Ahem, anywho, I read a little bit of the site, hehe, it's nifty! I wish I could read more right now, but I'm still shopping for Christmas. I know, I'm a procrastinator...

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
8D; I need to shop too... dammit i suck! lol

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
I take japanese in school, and I used to live there. But I never quite got into manga. I think its amazing how people can draw it so well, but I cant do anything.

Setsuna

Cavy Slave

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, I agree . I always thought that the Japanese anguage was so cool, but all my school teaches is rench, Spanish, Italian, and German. I DON'T WANT TO LEARN THOSE LANGUAGES!*evil eye*

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
Yeah I meant to say that was my yahoo screen name. And actually I'm going to Japan this summer since one of my friends is dating a really rich guy who owns an apartment there that he goes to whenever he gets bored, and he said he would take her and some friends along next time he goes :D.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Lol.....yea, i suppose it worked out well that they offer japanese at my school. It gets so confusing at times though, with all the characters and kanji and hiragana and katakana.

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
Argh xD I hate you lucky people!

Himino

Cavy Slave
Hey what's the website with the fourm I am highly into anime and manga. Although I am new to it ya gotta start some where right!

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
jaspers_girl said:
Hey what's the website with the fourm I am highly into anime and manga. Although I am new to it ya gotta start some where right!
Could you restate the question? I didn't quite understand o_O

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
its Mangaacademy.com But its still down because of the Hackers. =__= if its down much longer ill shrivel up!!!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
*Points and laughs at Setsuna* Haha you're shriveling up! ;)

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
Dx ITS BEEN DOWN FOR SIX FREAKING DAYS!!! *bangs head on desk*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.